Oh and for those of you wanting to know the name of the preschool/kindergarten curriculum that we are looking at....it's called My Father's World. www.mfwbooks.org and click on the preschool link.
Cream Cheese Squares
PREP TIME
10 Min
COOK TIME
30 Min
READY IN
45 Min
Recipe yield 24 squares
INGREDIENTS
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. - Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
Press one can of the crescent rolls into the bottom of the prepared pan. - In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over the crescent layer.
- Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on top of the cream cheese layer. Do not press down.
- Pour the melted margarine over the entire pan.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is crisp and golden.
(Since I have issues with following directions, I combined the last step for the topping all into one by adding the sugar and cinnamon to the melted butter then pour over the top layer. It was delicious and had I not opened my large trap...no one would have known any different.)

5 comments:
YUM! This is actually a recipe that I might be able to accomplish :)
LOVED IT!
I loved that dish and will totally have to try this. I have heard really good things about MFW but a preschool curriculum? You over achiever, you;).
It's not a curriculum per say, but a set of toys that are designed to help tune those fine motor schools and get them rolling for the kindergarten curriculum. You'd have to read it to know what I'm talking about. There are no work books or any other silly things we all know a toddler/preschooler doesn't have the attention span for.
THANK YOU!!!! Printed 2 seconds ago. : ))))
Post a Comment