Thursday, October 16, 2008

Awesome Compassion

For the record:
I am 31 years old and have never broken a bone. That is until 11 days ago. If I told you how it all went down...you'd most likely have compassion for me. But since we don't have all day, I'll give you the Reader's Digest version....I was walking the dog. Yep...blame it on our 75+ pound 7 month old puppy Maggie. I went to the doctor today b/c after 11 days, my finger is still swollen and extremely painful. Sounds funny and yes, you can laugh.

Because that is what my very loving (sarcasm aside) husband did when he called me at the doctors office after we saw the x-rays. His exact words, "It's broken? Haaa ... that's awesome." What's so awesome about that?

Once we got home and I told him all about our visit he says to me, "You have to admit that telling people you broke your finger walking the dog is funny. That is awesome." I will say that for the past week and a half that I have been baby-ing my swollen ring finger, he has been very concerned and loving. If fact, two days ago, he was the one who told me to go to the doctor. So I made an appt for today and now have this silly splint thing on with bright pink tape around it all so it draws even more attention to this silly story.

And did I mention they told me to leave this thing on for 4 weeks....ummm.....that's not happening. Now that is awesome!

5 comments:

Lora said...

Congratulations on your first broken bone!! Atleast your dog is 75 pounds and not 13 pounds. Sounds a little better, but is still funny. My first broken bone was my nose, I would take a finger any day.

Jonna said...

Oh no, and I didn't even notice when I saw you today. How observant am I? It must have been my excitement over that cake... which was amazing by the way. You have my utmost sympathy, but hey at least you get to wear pink!

Carrie said...

That IS awesome. I can appreciate your husband's humor, but I can also appreciate how moronic you think it sounds. I broke my foot playing miniature golf. Does that make you feel better?

Cindy said...

Carrie-I think your minature golf/foot brake ranks up there with my finger. I didn't even fall...at least that would be understandable...so silly!

Cindy said...

break....8) duh!!