Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We've been waiting.....


Approx 1,160 days into our precious daughter's life....I finally heard the words we'd hope to hear come out of her mouth. And these days the words flow freely, so when something like this comes out...we jump for joy!! Here's how it went down in the car this afternoon ...

Lauren: Mama, Simba was a sinner. (Around here, all roads lead to The Lion King)
Mama: That's right. Who else is?
Lauren: Me! (What? Can you repeat that???)
Mama: Yep! You are so right! Who else is a sinner?
Lauren: You are mama. (What? Why do I have to be first on the list? Nasty pride...go away!)
Mama: That's right. Who else?
Lauren: Daddy.
Mama: Uh huh. Who else?
Lauren: Brother. (of course...we can't forget about Brother.)
Mama: Yep. Who else?
Lauren: Granny, Papa, Uncle Nate, Megan & Sephy (that was a mouth full.)
Mama: We all are sinners aren't we? Any one else on the list?
Lauren: Brother. Mama. Daddy. (glad we made the list again)
Mama: So who do we need to save us from our sin?
Lauren: GOD!!! (At this point we are starting to get so loud and excited it sounded like a Sunday sermon in a Southern Baptist Church!)
Lauren: No....JESUS!!! And GOD!!! (did my child just say this?)
Mama: Praise God sister!
Lauren: Praise God!

Our sweet little angel just told me what we have been telling her for 1,160 days. And yes I did the math. Now we just hope and pray that she will understand sooner than later what this really means, (besides the "Jesus took the naughty paddle for you" speech).

So I have to say that a good friend recently gave me a verse about parenthood...I think it is going to become my verse for this "season" of my life.

Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if you do not give up."

Now if she could just grasp the concept of obedience as a command and not an occasional choice ... when she feels like it!

Oh our sweet little Lauren ... How we love you!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE little kid conversations! That was awesome. Her and Noah should get together...they'd be preaching to each other. Someday, they'll be teaching us theology! :)

Cindy said...

Thanks to you Carrie for the idea to blog it. It's so easy to forget about these precious moments as our lives are so "busy". Gotta smell those flowers more often!

Anonymous said...

precious! thanks for sharing!

Cindy Jenkins said...

Out of the mouths of babes!!!
That's great!! Our children understand so much more than we think. Keep up the good sound teaching on such deep doctrinal issues.
I'm keepin' an eye on your blog.
Hey, you should add a subscription link....it's not too hard. I put one on my blog...so that should tell you that if I could do it you surely can!!! :D

Carrie said...

Um...I DEMAND another blog post. PRONTO!

:) Been busy?