Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Convicted...again!

Here is what the conversation went like in our car this afternoon. I was going through the Starbucks drive thru and about ready to hand the drive-thru lady my $1.55. While I'm looking for .55 cents Lauren is going through her 'piggy purse' that contains her tithe money for each Sunday school. Here is how it went down:

Lauren: Look at all my money for God, Mama. (It's gotta be no more than .17 cents but what does she know?)
Mama: Yes, Lauren. Be sure to save that for God this coming Sunday.

*In our home, all money is God's money and if you aren't careful, she'll pick your pockets clean for her 'piggy purse' and all in the name of giving to God! Glad we taught her right from the beginning.*

Lauren: Mama, do you have money for God?
Mama: We sure do.
(At this point I'm handing the drive thru lady the owed $1.55)
Lauren: Mama! That's God's money! Don't give it to the coffee lady!

OUCH!! Convicted again. And again by our 3 year old daughter. Hmmmm, guess I have something to work on.

2 comments:

Jonna said...

Oh no, you better enjoy that coffee anyways because you deserve it! (Lauren is so adorable!)

Carrie said...

DRAT! I HATE when my kids do that to me!!! :)

BUT...I'm so impressed that you only spent $1.55 at Starbucks! It's a $5 trip when I go...every time.

Go figure.