For those of you wondering how my day went today...Let's just say that my humble pie that was served, wasn't very tasty. And no, it wasn't just a slice like I was hoping for...it was the entire pie. Yuck!
It happened in Target where numerous passing by shoppers, (including my aesthetician who I had just visited), made gasps at my children flailing around in the cart and screaming in a high pitch fashion. One man was heard saying "ugggghhh". I heard another say, "Oh" and my aesthetician who was sweet enough to come over to see if I needed help said she over heard a couple walk past and say, "oh, that poor lady".
Who cares that it was nap time, past lunch time and just a bad day for our sweet little Benjamin. He didn't care where we were and now I look like a crazy lady who needs control of her kids. Talk about humility. My dear friend Michelle once told me, "pride comes before the fall" (Proverbs 16:18) *I think I was gloating over winning a board game*. And guess what today was? The fall.
So now my sweet Ben is napping and I'm still sulking. That pride is nasty, but thank you Lord for letting me see just how ugly it is. Maybe he'll wake up in a good mood and all will be well. A mom can hope, right?

5 comments:
So, I had to laugh when I read this because I could totally imagine it! It walways seems like the melt downs happen in Target. Why is that? Hope tomorrow is a great day!
I just can't seem to type lately! "walways" Ha!
Ugh! Those poor people walking past you casting judgement have obviously never had children, or have forgotten the joy having children can bring. Either way, I feel sorry for them. And feel a big fat raspberry in their direction coming on!
Ah yes, the Target meltdowns. I know them too well.
We pretty much had the same thing happen at Food Maxx yesterday! Gotta love these little turkeys!
Post a Comment