Monday, October 27, 2008

Today was a good day

Do you ever have those days where you finally get your kids down for a nap and think to yourself, "self, you were a good mom today"? (No straight jacket needed today...my conversations are only one way.) It may not have been the smoothest morning, or lunch, but I feel like I'm doing a decent job. I haven't done our lunch dishes yet, and for that matter, I haven't even showered today. But my kids ate a good nutritious breakfast, a healthy balanced lunch and played well after we got home from the grocery store. Discipline was appropriately handled and tantrums (the kids and mine) were partially averted with prayer for strength and a calm heart. I'm feeling like I just may be an OK mom today.

Now don't get me wrong...I know I will be getting a nice slice of humble pie this afternoon or this evening just to bring me down from my "good mommy" high. I know it's coming. I can't be good all day. But I am very thankful for the opportunity I had today to sit back and reflect on the morning that was given to me to allow me to perservere during this rough and tumble season.

Now if I could just figure out how to be a good wife too?!? Geraud wouldn't know what to do if I actually kept my mouth shut when I was sappossed to. ;>) Maybe I'll give that a go for the rest of the day. I'll start with dishes and go from there. No promises though husband...I am only human. 8>)

2 comments:

Lora said...

I am sure you hubby thinks you are a wonderful wife and mom! But it is nice to have days like these. Hope your day goes smoothly from herer on out.

Jonna said...

Isn't it great when you can feel good about your day? Wish more of my days were like that! I bet your hubby ADORES how much you talk and wouldn't have it any other way!