Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday = Cake Day!!

Yeah for today being Thursday because I had another cake class. And that means I had another assignment to complete.


It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to do next week's cake. It looks more like a wedding type cake rather than a child's cake. Anyone getting married soon? (hint, hint!) I had to add the Happy 30th on the cake just for my little brother Johnny who is no longer young. Sorry brother. You can now offically complain about all your aches and pains.

I'm not offering this one up for grabs only because the men's bible study group that my hubby meets with on Thursday is meeting here and I need to have something sweet for them. Besides Johnny, this wouldn't taste that good come Sunday anyways. I'll make you something different.

And while we are on the topic of crafts....I have to boast about our MOPS craft this past Tuesday. It was sooooo much fun and even I could do it. I took a few pics of the origami photo album I made to show you, since I think it's worthy of a few photos.

The first pic is of the front. The second is of the album opened up (it's really 2 feet long, but hard to tell in the photo) and the third is of the back of the album closed (approx 6"). I love it and can't wait to make my own. Not sure what I'm going to do with it just yet, but it sure is cute. Don't worry husband, I'm not making any... today.

Well, I'm off to do something productive besides crafty stuff. (You know that counts as productive, right?) I need to figure out what our little man is going to be for our first Halloween party tomorrow. Any ideas out there? Please send them our way. 8>)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

another beautiful cake and a lovely photo album! i just love that craft and i am so happy everyone else seemed to also!

Carrie said...

Isn't that the best craft??? I keep mine on top of the microwave and open it up once in a while...it doesn't have any picture in it, yet. :)

Love the cake...LOVE IT!

Cindy Jenkins said...

Your cakes look FANTASTIC!!! You're already better than I ever was!! So when are you going into business???

Hey....I have that same "scrapbook" that I talked with the stampin' gals about doing at club. They are pretty neat...Yours looks so cute!!!