Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A What Sandwich??


A cauliflower sandwich?? Are you sure you meant to say what you said? Cauliflower?

Some of you, (hubby, V & Michelle), saw this one coming, but I had to post about this tasty sandwich. Here's how it went down...
Easter afternoon 1300 hours:
We called V, (my fab MIL), to see what they were doing for Easter. She said she had been working in the yard and just came inside to eat her lunch. A cauliflower sandwich! Huh? So I listened carefully while she explained. Very interesting! Both my hubby and I wondered about his mom's wacky lunch choice.
We later decided to meet up with them at their house for some Easter festivities, (pic to follow in a later post). The main course for Easter dinner....Yep...Cauliflower sandwiches. I was a bit worried, but I quickly remembered that even though some of the things she has made in the past may have sounded funny, I have never eaten something she has made that I didn't love. Long story short....never judge a book by it's cover.
I LOVED IT!!! In fact, we both liked it so much, I made them for dinner last night. Mmm Mmm Mmm! Don't be fooled to think that they won't fill you up either. I was so hungry last night and was barely able to finish my sandwich. (And you know I'm a good eater too!)
Sounds strange, I know. But they are a G - O - O - D time! So once again, my shallow little mind tried to trick me from having some good eats. Here's the 'how to' if you are adventurous enough to give them a go. Be sure to let me know if you do.
Cauliflower Sandwich
1 c steamed cauliflower (not mushy, but able to mash w/ a fork)
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp mayo
1 Tbsp shredded carrot
1Tbsp thinly sliced celery
2 slices wheat bread lightly buttered on outside
Mix mashed cauliflower with dijon and mayo. Spread over bread. Top with shredded carrot and sliced celery. Top with the other piece of lightly buttered bread. Place on a grilling machine (Foreman, panini, etc) until bread is browned and crispy. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lora said...

The strangest sandwich I have seen!