Amidst all this beautiful spring time weather, I have managed to stumble upon a few spring like projects. And believe it or not, I have produced 2 of these puppies! No kidding...Not only did I follow through with 1 completely, but now 2! I found this skirt over here at Grace Violet. She fell in love with this simple A-line skirt and said that it was so easy. I just had to see how easy it was. And how great they were. She was right! I love the pattern that I made, the book rocks and I have worn my skirt twice now. (I only made them on Sat!) Here is the book:

You can check it out at the library. Not sure how many copies they have, but I have one and it's not going back 1 minute before my April 17th due date. Sorry to be so selfish...it really does rock and it simplifies everything.
Here is the finished product. Skirt #2:

The bottom of skirt #2 done in a cute dark brown rick-rack:

Now of course I'm on a mission, (read: obsessed), to have one for every day of the week. I love me an easy wearing A-line skirt in this great valley heat come mid July. Know what I mean?
And now my sweet little princess needs at least one or two to match her Mama. We could wear them to church or as a swim cover-up or to just throw on because it is so darn cute and comfy. Why I even have 1 on right now. Here is the first on:

All it needs is a little white tank and some flip flops! Oh and I need to iron both of them. ;)
They are both elastic waist for super comfy appeal. If you want a tutorial on how I did it, I'd love to do one, but I surely don't want to break any copy right rules either. So let me know in the comments if you want the DL (down low) and I'll get one rolling tomorrow afternoon.
1 1/2 yards fabric from JoAnn's with 40% off coupon: $5.39
1 1/2 yard 5/8" rick-rack from JoAnn's with 20% coupon: $2.99
1 spool of matching thread: $1.99
Cute A-line skirt that fits just right: Priceless!

8 comments:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!! You MUSt post a tutorial, and dumb it down for me, could ya? I would love to make some!!
Ser. Ious. Ly.
I LOVE THEM.
Seriously.
You rock girl! Of course I want the down low! So cute!
I meant to ask you where you got your cute skirt yesterday but I had know idea you made it! So cute!
Oh Cindy! SOO CUTE! I love the print on that first one, which I think is actually the second one...definitely need to see how I can score one of those for my very own...I seem to have tons of fabric and would love to do some skirts like that!
i vote yes. :)
Soooooo cute! I love the fabric on both of them as well. I would love to make one too :)
I am half way through....I'll be sure to post it tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
Post a Comment