He is often referred to as Moo, Moo Cow, Mooski (the Russian cow), or the Great Moosinski (the Polish cow). He has been the constant side kick to our sweet daughter since she was about 8 months old. He goes everywhere and most of the time receives royal treatment from all members of our household. Until recently I witness Moo at a "doctors appointment". This doctor appt included a seam ripper to the eyeball. Ouch!
After much conversation as to how not to treat others, I told her we'd have to throw Moo in the garbage can if she wasn't going to treat him well. This stuck with her as she frequently asks me not to throw him away. Here is how our conversation went down this morning...
Lauren: Mama, please don't throw Moo away. I love him.
Mama: I won't have to if you treat him properly.
Lauren: But he has to go to the doctor. I have to work on him with the tools.
Here are said tools: (Be alarmed as they really are metal and hurt upon impact...I know first hand.)
Lauren: But Moo is not a real cow that lives in the forest. He's just for play. See...His ear is working. (She is now rubbing Moo's ear on her nose. Standard issue around here.)
Lauren: Uh huh. Yep.
Mama: Hmph. (Clearly we have a few things to work out. One phone call to PETA and another to the College of Agriculture at Fresno State. Our daughter has a thing or two to learn about livestock and their typical environment.)
Oh and here is our Maggie in the middle of it all, smiling pretty for the camera. What a Mag Pie! (I promise that's her smile!)

4 comments:
Poor Moo! You will just have to sew Moo back together until Lauren is ready to let go. And cows do live in the forest!! Ha!
I just cant get over how cute your dog is! What a sweetie!
I remember moo from when Lauren was barely walking & they were inseparable then. Poor Moo!!!
LOL! That's awesome! Lil gives her "lovey" (very similar to "moo" in that it's been with her pretty much since day 1) spankings when he's been "disobeying her". He's always sorry of course and asks her for forgiveness. : ))
Post a Comment