When we only had 1 baby, I often wondered how we'd find the love in our hearts for a 2nd. Then our little man came along and I now know. The Lord stretched our hearts big enough for 2 munchkins. Now I know for a fact that when #3 decides to come along, Lord willing, we will have enough for them as well. I love that both of our kids are so different, yet I love them both so much and so equally. They have a tendency to be disagreeable more often than we'd hoped for but as my mother-in-law pointed out to me today....the disagreeable season goes by so fast that we will soon forget it all happened. I tried to tell her that it was our minds way of blocking out the bad. She said it wasn't a bad time, rather a challenging time. So thanks V for those kind words. You made my day with the hope that our children won't always be in this stage. (She said it was like the diaper stage...one day it's your life and the next it's gone.) I am sad to think that they will grow up and offer us new and larger challenges. I can hardly wait. Guess I'll be on the look out for the extra strength the Lord has to offer us when those days do come. 
11 years ago

7 comments:
Aaaawwwww...sweet boy loves his mommy!
So sweet! I hope you frame that pic!
So sweet! Makes me want to hug my little monster that was screaming tonight since she did not take a long enough nap.
That is the sweetest picture ever! Isn't amazing how much you love them?!!
made me tear up... thanks for sharing!
what a great story/reminder, not to mention awesome photo. indeed, we'll look back on these days and wish to have them all (good and bad) back.
Always good to be reminded that the challenges aren't forever...praise God! Let us grow to be more like Him with each passing trial!
And, for real, one of the best pics I've seen!
Post a Comment