Lately I've had a hankerin' for a warm cinnamon roll. So this past week I mosied on over to my fav recipe website, allrecipes.com to see what I could find in the warm cinnamon roll department. Much to my delight...there were a ton of options. I sorted through and found the highest rank recipe with the most votes. The one I chose had 4.5 stars with 241 votes to be exact. The recipe title was Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns. By the title alone, I knew I had to have it. Now I'm not quite sure what came over me this evening but some time while I was waiting for our dinner to come out of the oven, I decided to conquer homemade cinnamon rolls for the first time.
We managed to get dinner done, dishes cleaned, kids bathed and stories read when I decided to start this task. I looked at the clock when I started and it read 8:31pm. What was I thinking? My hubby put a movie in around 9:30pm and I went back and forth from the kitchen to the living room. Luckily we have an open kitchen so I was able to watch a lot of it while I worked at the counter.
The movie ended, and 4 minutes later, our Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns were ready to come out of the oven. The clock read 11:17pm. I pulled out 2 plates and some silverware, and we went to town. My...they were tasty. But now my belly is full, I am tired and the kitchen looks like a bomb went off. I decided to attach a few pics for the proof. I highly recommend this recipe, but I also recommend starting earlier.
My man is convinced that I have issues...but we all know that. 8>) He asked if I was nesting...and if any of you know me, you know that I always think I'm pregnant. To my knowledge, I'm not, so don't ask. But you know if I had a pregnancy test in my cupboard I'd take it. So we're just going to chalk this one up to some crazy mid evening randomness that happened to our once clean kitchen.
And by the way...we have 12 more if anyone wants to come over for breakfast. I'll even reheat them for you. I think I've had my fill ... I only wanted 1!
We managed to get dinner done, dishes cleaned, kids bathed and stories read when I decided to start this task. I looked at the clock when I started and it read 8:31pm. What was I thinking? My hubby put a movie in around 9:30pm and I went back and forth from the kitchen to the living room. Luckily we have an open kitchen so I was able to watch a lot of it while I worked at the counter.
The movie ended, and 4 minutes later, our Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns were ready to come out of the oven. The clock read 11:17pm. I pulled out 2 plates and some silverware, and we went to town. My...they were tasty. But now my belly is full, I am tired and the kitchen looks like a bomb went off. I decided to attach a few pics for the proof. I highly recommend this recipe, but I also recommend starting earlier.
My man is convinced that I have issues...but we all know that. 8>) He asked if I was nesting...and if any of you know me, you know that I always think I'm pregnant. To my knowledge, I'm not, so don't ask. But you know if I had a pregnancy test in my cupboard I'd take it. So we're just going to chalk this one up to some crazy mid evening randomness that happened to our once clean kitchen.
And by the way...we have 12 more if anyone wants to come over for breakfast. I'll even reheat them for you. I think I've had my fill ... I only wanted 1!

5 comments:
Yum! I think some need to show up at MOPS. I love homemade cinnamon rolls!
yummy!! homemade cinnibuns are the best!!!
Have you tried Cinnabon in Sierra Vista Mall? I bet yours are better though! Look yummy...me & my 3 munckins will be over bright & early tomorrow! Just kidding, I'd never do that to you!
LOL! I would! Just ask Brooke! :)
Um....what are chicken packets?
Here is the link for a chicken packets. They are good time and the kids like them. http://www.recipezaar.com/Chicken-Packets-Oamc-50767
Post a Comment