The problem isn't their room, closet or even dresser...it's their mother and her lack of cleaning out the clothes that no longer fit. Ugh...not my idea of fun. Not that I'm procrastinating the inevitable, but that they are getting bigger and can no longer wear what I think they can. (Husband, quit laughing right now! I am not procrastinating!) I just found Lauren's Christmas dress from 2 Christmas' ago still hanging on her side of the closet. Let's be real...she's not going to wear it again. Move on! What about those cute pants that she can now wear as carpi's since it seems it's only her long legs that get long and not her little tummy. Can she wear those again this summer? Move on! So today I'm pulling out all of their clothes and making room for the stuff that actually fits now. No more high waders for our little man or jammies that we can't zip over his tummy. Mama's making way for clean laundry and getting over the fact that those babies are growing....even if I don't like it.
11 years ago

9 comments:
I take clothes from Mason's clothes & put it on Michael's side & Michael's closet & put it into Mark's. They all wear such close sizes! I do have to weed Mark's stuff out pretty regularly. He's growing so fast. If you need any more hangers, I've got them! I can bring you some tomorrow at MOPS or you are welcome to pick them up today. I am sure you'll find though you have lots once you go through things. Have fun, it's a pain to do, but once it's done, you'll feel so good! Your kiddos are darling & I alway love to see recent pics of them! Isn't it time for baby #3!?
The oven is fully pre-heated and awaiting #3. Could it be this month?? We have to wait another week to tell... 8>)
Baby girl's closet needs a cleaning! I think it's time for me to clean out my closet too as I seem to have "outgrown" some clothes... (yes, we will pretend I had a growth spurt at 28)! Ben's hair has quite a red tone in that picture... and baby number 3- can't wait to hear that the little bugger is cookin'!
I can't wait to hear either!!!
Clothes are such a pain. I'm to the point where like Julie, I just move Caleb's clothes to Noah's closet as the season changes. That is nice... and we are constantly running out of hangers too!
We have the hanger issue too. :)
Are you kidding! I'm SO happy you mentioned that Lauren has "capri's" too! : ) Kev is almost worse than me with getting rid of clothes, I always have to hear, "Awwww, I think this still fits...(tug, 'Ow daddy! It's too small for my head!')...oookkaayyyy...(sigh)...here honey (booboo face)." : )
Don't have the hanger issue yet but I will one day. However, I do have a problem with my little guy growing so fast. #3 Excited to hear if this is the month!
I have to say that I have the opposite problem. I always have an empty box in the spare room to throw the clothes in that they have outgrown. I can't stand looking for clothes that fit. I will have to take a picture of how many boxes of clothes I have in my basement. I think I can open a store with it all.
Hahaha...SO funny! Of course you aren't the only one with this little problem. Tyler still has sz 2t pants in his drawers that he hasn't worn in forever! I keep trying to put him in high waters and he tells me his legs are cold! When the kid says his pants are too short, it's time to get rid of them! so I wash them in preparation for sending them on to a new home, and then forget and put them back into circulation! What?!?-----and Baby # 3??? Can't wait to hear an update :-)
Post a Comment