I thought I'd be sad to not have people over at our home for some sort of gathering, but as it turns out...it's rather relaxing. So after we got the kids bathed, (and yes I say we b/c I have a magnificent hubby who normally helps with bed time routines nightly...he rocks), my man put Chicken Run in for he and the kids to watch and I had some alone time with my sewing machine.
You see, we've had an early morning visitor to our bed for the last three mornings. Our first visit was at 3:30am, but I didn't realize it until somewhere around 5am and I wasn't getting out of bed to take her back to hers. The next two mornings were something similar, only this morning I took her back. As I placed her back into her bed she said she didn't want her bed b/c it was cold. Daddy and I have flannel sheets and she doesn't. So I piled up 5 blankets on her and ran back to my warm cozy nest.
In order to squelch this minor hang up, I started first thing this morning. I was on a mission to find her flannel sheets. Did you know that flannel sheets for a toddler bed are next to impossible to find? And expensive when you do find them. So we added a fabric store stop into our errands today. Fast forward 8 hours... The kids watched a movie with dad, Mama had an chance to sew and 1 hour later, my little peanut has some cute new sheets. 1 fitted sheet and 1 flat sheet with coordinating top. I forgot to get enough to make her a new pillowcase. (Bad mom...should have thougjt of that.) They are so cozy and warm. Now let's see if they really are that good. I guess tonight is the test.

5 comments:
Hooray for the sewing machine! What beautiful sheets!!!
Yay for relaxing Thanksgivings!!! The sheets are so pretty... even if she doesn't stay in bed she has beautiful sheets to return to! :)
I am jealous. I made pies last night and almost burnt down the house (turned on the oven and forgot that the leftover chicken was in there) and baked another this morning with a screaming child on my leg!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Oh ya, how do you make a fitted sheet?
You're amazing! You'll have to teach me how you did the fitted sheet...it seems so complicated!
Post a Comment