I'll be the first to tell you, that is if you don't already know, we love Christmas. Of course we love the real reason why we celebrate the most....our Lord and Saviour was born; even though we know this wasn't his actual birth date. But it is also a fun time of the year to decorate a live (Ahh hmm) Christmas tree, hang stockings and be jolly for goodness sake. I love the lights, the stockings, the wreaths on doors and the smell of Christmas baked goods. I love family and especially when family hangs out with us.
Growing up, I was the one to poke and prod my dad and brother to celebrate along with me. I'm the one that drug them out to buy a tree. I'm the one that got up on the roof and hung the lights. I'm the one that sent out Christmas cards. I love Christmas. I think they'd both say they like it as well, but let's face it....they don't love it. Fortunately, my hubby loves it as much as I do. We really are a great match.
I seem to have a gripe though. There are actual houses in our hood that over the past week have put up their lights and put together their Christmas tree and are proudly displaying it in their home windows for all the neighborhood to enjoy. Now I do enjoy lights and a Christmas tree, but can we wait until Thanksgiving? It was 79 degrees on Sat, 81 yesterday and now 80 degrees today. Hardly cool enough to be getting started on the decorating. Can we at least enjoy our yams and stuffing first? How about our pumpkin pie? I haven't even had 1 bite yet this year and people are already trying to fast forward. What's wrong with our society? SLOW DOWN!
I'll stop complaining now. We only have a week and a half to go. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...maybe they are going to be out of town the weekend after next and won't have time to get their stuff up. Yeah, that's it. Until then...I better go find some pumpkin pie and dig in before it's all gone.
11 years ago

7 comments:
Hey...I'm looking at decorating this weekend! I'm just too busy on Thanksgiving weekend. Isn't that sad?
Just get 'em up girlfriend. That's all that matters when you have a baby in the tummy slowin' things down for you. I can't wait to display our new poinsetta wreath I found last year on clearance!!
I agree with you. I love Thanksgiving and fall decorations! It is Christmas right after Halloween these days. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving with my family then up to Shaver. I love the smell of turkey and homemade pies.....I talked my sister into deep frying a turkey this year. I took her the fryer and I am buying the oil...Ha! That is my contribution this year!
and Carrie, I was in your position last year. I had my Christmas presents wrapped before Thanksgiving!
We decorated this weekend. My honey always has to work Thanksgiving (and all of you that feel sad about that, dont eat out on Thanksgiving! I am trying to start a worldwide protest!) so we pretty much skip that holiday! Dont worry though, Ill keep my blinds closed until AFTER Thanksgiving!
i agree w/you about the rush. we usually don't put up our tree until the first week of Dec b/c we like it to last until New Year's Day (following olde tradition of the 12 days of Christmas).
Yay for Thanksgiving & Christmas!!! We will probably get out the Christmas tree this weekend if we're feeling up to it. The weekend after Thanksgiving is always so busy for us and I'm not getting any smaller!
hehe...i always put it up when I'm "in the mood" which is usually decemberish and then i leave it up WELL into january, once into february...does that make me bad on the other end of it??? Christmas is my favorite and i want the feeling to be year-round too...what can i say????
Post a Comment