Most days, our dishwashers runs 3 times a day. Usually more if there is a dirty sippy cup or random dish the kids dirtied. This sounds like a lot and my "oh so dry and in need of a manicure" hands look the part. That dishwasher is me! Our circa 1987 Potscrubber 640 is all but dead. It still turns on and sort of cleans, but it doesn't quite get the job done. Did I mention it leaks water under the sink in the rinse/drain cycle? So over the past 3 months, I have decided that our dishwasher is my drying rack. It works great and keeps the drying dishes concealed from the eyes view.
As long as I can remember, we always had a dishwasher growing up, but my dad would always have me hand wash the dishes. No Dad, I'm over the thoughts of you being a slave driver and that is the only reason you had kids. I appreciate my work ethic and your desire to train me up in a respectable fashion. Really, I'm over it. To this day, I'd rather hand wash.
But come this Thursday, the Potscrubber 640 will be going down the road kicking rocks. There's a new Sheriff in town, well not yet, but there will be Thursday. She is very pretty and sleek with hidden buttons. She does all kinds of fancy things...things that may require me to read a manual. *Ugh...Not so good* I feel like she needs a name.
So until Thursday I will be hand washing our dishes with a smile on face with thoughts of not so dry hands and the quite sounds of water gently pitter pattering away...inside of a dishwasher. It will be a bitter sweet day. The day that the Potscrubber 640 was hauled away.
11 years ago

6 comments:
Tell me which one you got and if you like it. We should be receiving our loan next week, so off we go to buy appliances!!!! Can't wait. It has been 6 years of hand washing dishes for me. I can't wait for a dishwasher!
I am another hand washer, who has a dishwasher in the kitchen! We are in a rental though, so I will suffer for awhile longer! :)
Oh and I think you should name your dishwasher Dinah... or Delilah.
We got a Maytag two years ago and love it! It was their middle-priced one at Lowe's. I cannot believe how many dishes will fit in there and they always come shiny clean. My parents got a GE that has the silverware spot up front in a row, and they don't like theirs as much. Yay for dishwashers!
Dish washing by hand is from the devil. Yes, it is.
I think you should name her 'Freedom' for all the free time you will now have or 'Lotion' for the fact that your hands will no longer feel like a scrub brush.
Seriously. Don't ever wash dishes by hand again. Ever.
I guess my post was for Lora... it was 1:13 a.m. and I agree with Carrie hand washing is evil and I never feel like the dishes are completely clean unless I see that light come on that says "sanitized". :0
You all make me laugh and realize at how blessed I truely am to call you girls my friends. *Hug* I love the names you have come up with too. Very creative. I'll be sure to take a pic of her on Thursday and post it here for all to enjoy.
Post a Comment