Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Has Sprung...Finally!!


Yeah, that's right people. I said it and I have pictures to prove it!

Spring has decided to makes it's way to Iowa. The weather here has been great these past 2 weeks. Well...with the exception of a few flash flood warnings, tornado watches (what??!!??) and thunderstorms. We are currently enjoying a beautiful 68 degrees and sunshine. The birds are singing, the grass is green everywhere you look, trees are beginning to bloom and flowers are starting to blossom. I know for most of you Californians...this stuff has been going on for some time. (Never, I mean NEVER!!! will we take this for granted again!) Once you've been under snow, literally under snow for 4 months, it makes it very easy to appreciate the change from frozen tundra winter to Spring, even if it happens a bit later around these parts.

I've been snapping pics as we go, but have been a bit occupied to place them on here. So better late than never. Here's our Spring happenings around the Smith home.
Here's Lauren sporting her new look...glasses! She only needs to wear them in the classroom, but chooses to do so more often. Humph...wonder how bad her eyes really are? Either way, they are Dora, (yes, I let her pick them out), I think they are cute and more importantly...I think she is cute in them.

Our new friends the Pearson's come over to decorate Easter cookies. I've never seen so many sprinkles not on a cookie before.
Some serious egg dying action taking place on Easter day after church. Hey...at least we did it, right?!


The loot after the hunt...
(you know you like the marabou trimmed basket the Easter bunny chose for Lauren!)


This house is perfect! It comes with pre-planted tulips. What a fun surprise. My man tried to tell me he planned it just for me since they are my favorite flower. What a guy!

(I took this pic yesterday, Sunday, and already today, all of the flowers are open. So pretty!)

And of course some homemade kite flying. Here in the mid-west, wind is not in shortage, so break out the kites and run off some energy.

And just because everyone needs fluffy cheeks...here is our littlest little sporting what every baby should have...Hey, she worked hard for those cheeks!


So until the next time I get around to posting some pics, assume all is well. Besides, around these parts they warn you about tornadoes, unlike it's unkind friend the earthquake.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Great photos! Lauren's glasses are a perfect fit for such a smart girl. Miss you all!! xoxo

Lora said...

Love the pictures! It's nice seeing some green in them...LOL!

Tanya said...

Lauren looks GREAT in Glasses! I'm glad to see you guys survived the winter and how awesome that there are already tulips!!!