Here I am sitting at the computer trying to type a post on my blog and tears are streaming from my face for the second time today. You can call me an over-emotional crazy hormonal pregnant woman all you want. Go ahead. I promise it won't hurt my feelings.
I just spent the last hour setting up the baby's room. (Last room of the house to be completed. YEAH!) The last time I put that crib together for a newborn was July of 2005 in preparation for the birth of our most of the time angel, Lauren. Now, it is for our 3rd and most likely last.
The tears are courtesy this song. If you listen to country music at all, you are familiar with Darius Rucker and the song "It Won't Be Like This For Long". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wry3AyAm0_Q And yes, I blame the song and not my hormones. It's my prerogative. (Not Bobby Brown's!) Go ahead take a listen. Be sure to listen to the words and if you have children...grab a tissue. I love it, it makes me sob like a baby and I can't turn it off. It's my emotional train wreck. Just ask my man who has seen me in action several times now. *sniffle* *sniffle*
(Ben, 6 months old & Lauren, 2 years old)
So as I go about my duties around the house today, I do them with a joyful sadness. I love my life and thank the good Lord for the blessings I have. How do they grow up so fast? Why do they drive me bonkers sometimes? Isn't there a happy medium?
Someone asked me this weekend what I do all day at home with the kids. My first reply was, (and I promise I said this out loud), "Oh, I just sit around watch Oprah and eat Bon Bons." He smirked and said, "Oprah?" I then tried to explain our daily happenings, but didn't come up with much that sounded like anything. What do I do all day? If I'm not busy, how does it go by so fast?
Who am I kidding? I am busy, I do a lot (some days more than others) and as I've come to realize, it won't be like this for long. Our now 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old will soon be receiving the blessing of a baby sister. Can she stay little forever? Can we keep having babies? Do I want to be chasing a toddler at 40? (The answer to the last one is NO!)
Enough of the tears. Thank you Lord for this gentle reminder of our precious gifts, big or small, newly hatched or trying us for all we have. I'm cherishing it for what it's worth...EVERYTHING!

4 comments:
aaaahhh....sad...and yet, happy.
I can't wait until Noah and Lauren are at the same school!
I hear ya sister! God is so full of grace to give us little blessings...just the perfect amount of time that we truly cherish the time when they are little (although I too wish it would last forever!)! Congrats on your girly-goo! Soooo excited for you!
You should have told him that he can come over and watch your kids and then he will know what you do all day...LOL! It is hard to explain, but we provide everything for those little boogers yet we love them so much!
Hey Cindy....what a sweet post. I haven't listened to the song yet, but will. They do grow up FAST!!! Looking back I wish I would have spent more time just playing and enjoying the kids instead of worrying about getting "stuff" done! So, INDULGE yourself with your kids....because it WON'T be like this long....and that's a bit sad!!!
Post a Comment