As we start week 4 here in Iowa, I've managed to remain very positive and optimistic. However today, I felt like I needed to list a few things that I have some beef with. (And in no particular order.) It's amazing what we take for granted living in CA. So if you are there and not here, which you aren't here so that means you are somewhere else, (and why aren't you here visiting?? We would really ♥ you if you would!)
#1 Check this out people...The bottoms of the pant leg are constantly wet. What's a girl to do? I guess I could tuck my pants into my boots, but let me remind you that I am 37 weeks preggo and it looks real funny to not have wider at the bottom. Trust me on this. An no...there is no full length photo. And yes...it's on purpose.
So I'm not real sure how big the snow plow guy is, but if he keeps this up, I'm huntin' him down to have a few words. Consideration, and not his job description, is where I'm thinking I'm going to start. Never mind the streets...
I ran out to scrape off the driveway soon after, but still wasn't quick enough. Rats! See that snow plow made bank at the bottom. Yep...that's my beef.
#4 Check out our walk way up to our home. This is just the start of it. I tried to go up it to take a pic of the entire walk way, but it wasn't worth busting my back side for a pic for you all. Take my word for it...it is COVERED with ice. The poor UPS man is going to kill himself delivering packages to our home this week. And yes, I did almost all of my Christmas shopping on line because that's how I roll with two little kids, snow/winter conditions and no desire to fight crowds. Do you think he wears spikes on his shoes? We can't be the only ones, right? And I totally made fun of that house that we looked at back in October that had heated sidewalks. Shame on me! How do we get those?
#5 This one could really be labeled as multiple issues, but we'll leave it as 1. Take note of the nasty grime. Filth! What's up with the IA plate? Ummm....Let's just say I needed to be legal in at least one state, so my man decided he'd rather give our money to a state that may handle it a bit better than poor Arni and that sinking ship. Enough said...
#6 Check out what comes home with you every time you go out. Ick! This sludge stuff is so nasty. It's an accumulation of snow, dirt and salt from the roads. I suppose the stuff is spread out to make winter driving conditions safer and I can appreciate that, but I'm thinkin that we need to install and under body car rinse that sprays off cars just before they enter the car hold. What do you think? No I'm not crazy, it just makes for a beach in our garage once it all melts, leaves more nasty stuff on the car, corrodes said car and eventually finds it's way into the house. Ok...I'm done with that too.

And finally....my fav place to go after being outside. I L.O.V.E. this thing. It turns on with a switch and is so toasty in minutes. The only thing that I occasionally have to do is fight for front and center with the dog. I always win, but it that really fair? (And what's up with that glare on the glass? I just noticed that. I'm going up to investigate.)
So thanks for hanging in there with me. Even if you just skipped to the bottom of this post and paroozed the pics, life is good, Iowa is still cold and the snow is still coming down. Oh and I think I pulled my groin today almost slipping. You know, like the first time you tried to ice skate? No? Work with me here people. I'm stretching before I head out next time. Not acceptable!

6 comments:
You need snow shoes!
One thing to look forward too.... summer! What are they like there?
Not sure Heather. Oh wait...humidity and rain. We'll see. I do know it doesn't get up to 110 though. It just means nice skin with less wrinkles, right? Don't get me wrong, winter is fun, just different and adjustments hae to be made considering I know no other way to live other than central CA. 32 years to re-programming. It's a fun adventure and I am so pleased to have my man and kids by my side!
You are amazing Cindy! I love your fireplace!
you crack me up--i love your humor in the midst of it all!
Peeing! Just sayin!
Post a Comment