With my man on vacation for the week, we managed to start off his 7 days with a bang. We hit up the 'bucks first, (priorities people), then the car wash for my car, (oh thank you my sweet husband), and then to OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware) to take advantage of their no sales tax weekend.
Disclaimer: Johnny & Erin, this is where it gets ugly. Don't read any further if you don't want to see a tree being harmed. It was crispy dead on top and you know a tree should never be topped... It hurts them even more.
My man walked away with a new toy:
He had too much fun with it until the fun of getting the stump out began. Read: not so much fun!
Then the family got a new toy:
Note: Lauren has already staked claim to one of the chairs with her milk and snack. Ahhh....Relaxing!
We got the last one they had, floor model discount, and of course I pulled out my bartering hat and went to town. (My dad would be so proud.) We got a smokin' deal AND no sales tax. That's almost 10% in tax alone, people!
We had our first dinner out there tonight and Geraud snuggled up with a bag of popcorn and the movie channel after the kids went to bed. I think we found our new living room. The weather was too perfect to be indoors.
And finally, a gift for the lady of the house:
Oh, I can barely stand that I own this and don't even get to play with it for an entire week!! I'm drooling just thinking about her possibilities. And yes, she's a she.
Carrie, you may borrow her as soon as I finish my first project.
It is my hope to have the project completed by next weekend. I finished the first part Thursday night, but I'm holding out on sharing until it's all done and up. Why do we have to go on vacation away from home when I have such great projects to do? (j/k, vacay is very much needed!)
So I need to go finish packing. Or go to bed or something. It's late and the ideas won't stop swirling. I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress. You know I'm not known for finishing projects I start...no options here. Must. Complete. This. Project. Too. Cute. To. Not. Have.

1 comment:
Ha! How did you know I was thinkin' to myself, "Self, Cindy better be sharin' that wealth!"
:)
Post a Comment