Famous last words to my hubby as he was eating lunch here at home yesterday...
"Husband, if I were you, I'd be excited about our dinners this week."
That's where I went wrong. I mean terribly wrong. You see, I have a good friend Lora who is a culinary expert. She can cook and bake so well, we are convinced she should have her own restaurant, cookbook or something. She often places recipes and her weekly menu on her blog and if Lora makes it and says it's good...by golly...it's good. So I recently asked for her recipe of "Sticky Chicken" and last night I gave it a go. That's when things went bad.
I like to cook and I like to bake. I'm not great, but I don't feel intimidated by the kitchen. It's fun to make things that your family likes. It's fun to find new recipes. And it's really fun to cook for my man because he will eat anything! Last night was proof.
We'll chalk last night up to user error and not Lora's recipe. But I must confess now, the recipe has already been thrown away along with the majority of last night's food and is already outside in the large garbage can awaiting trash pick up tomorrow am. Blech! Yuck!
So the next time you decide to get all crazy and tell your man to get excited about the week's menu...take it from me and bite your tongue. It all could go awry.
I think we're going to finish off the week with regular things that I know my family will enjoy. And I'm placing myself on "new recipe probation" for the remainder of the week.

4 comments:
LOL, sorry. Did your man eat it?
yes...he did eat it. And came back for seconds. Maybe all the coffee has killed his taste buds completely. He told me..."it's not as bad as you're making it out to be." Sure was nice considering I did something so wrong that it tasted like tar (maybe cooked too long) and stuck to the plate like tar. The name should have been an indicator. ;) Clearly a large error on my part as I know Lora cooks great. Maybe I should have her make it and save the left overs for us.
Lol! Make your chicken packets! I'm sure it'll make up for any mishap!
I could eat a whole casserole pan of that all by myself. Seriously.
What happened? That made me laugh so hard and after looking for the peppers and all. I am sorry it did not turn out! I will make a batch and see if you like it:)
Post a Comment