Thursday, June 25, 2009

Escape From The 'No

Last Saturday car ride - 1:30pm
Huntington Lake - 3:30pm
Elevation 7,000 feet - 55 degrees
Shorts, tank tops & flip flops
Brrrrr.........
Fishing pole, rocks, pine cones



Velasco's Mexican Food in Prather on the way down the hill for dinner.
Mmmmm, Mmmmmm, Mmmmmm. THE BEST!
Home, bathed and in bed by 8:30pm for church the next day.
Fun, Fast, Father's Day treat!

**No Daddy in the pic since he decided to play photographer. He was there...promise.
**And we are only wearing sweatshirts because my man reminded me to grab some on the way out. Bad Mama!

4 comments:

Heather Rodriguez said...

I love quick trips! You guys are cute!

Lora said...

Yum yum for Velasco's. My in-laws eat there a lot on the way down the mountain. Looks like fun and by the way I am making sticky chicken tonight. I will let you know if there are leftovers!

Cindy said...

Thanks Lora, but I'm scarred from my own foolishness. Let me know if it turns out good and the dogs didn't lick the plates clean. I really do want to know what it SHOULD taste like. Now my dad is teasing me too. Lovely!

Oh...and now I want Velasco's...RIGHT NOW! Any one for a car ride?

Stacy Lencioni said...

That looks so fun! We are pretty blessed to live this close to the mountians. I Love easy day trips without lots of drive time.... Never been to Velasco's but we have to go sometime.