Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Randomness and Other Thoughts

This past Sunday was Mother's Day. A day to celebrate mom's for their dedication to their job and hard work they do, day after day after day. During the Sunday sermon at church our pastor mentioned that mothers have the hardest job with the lowest pay and fewest benefits. Really? My first thought was...."I'm not sure who he's talking about?" All I have to say is that I have a pretty good gig! God is so good to me and so is my man. I love what I do ... even when I have to grumble about being tired as I fall into bed after midnight. Besides...wasn't it my fault that I didn't better manage my time during the day time so I had to do it after the kids went to bed? What other job can I take a 3 hour break from to nap, sew or blog? I have the good life!
Hypopregniac: One who thinks they are always pregnant.
Yep, that's me and my self prescribed condition. I am telling you....I always think I'm pregnant. It's a good thing there are no other conditions that I "think" I have. We'd all be in trouble. I wonder what Web MD has to say about me and my condition? I'll have to look it up. I'm sure it's related to cancer or a brain tumor. Isn't everything on Web MD?


Found this super fun fabric that I would love to own.




Issue #1, $13.95 a yard and this place doesn't accept JoAnn's 40% off coupons. Don't they know I need a discount to justify my purchase?

Issue #2, it's so cute, I'm not sure I could bring myself to cut it up and actually use it. What if I made a mistake? I love it. wait for it. wait for it.....I think I have a vision for it.....

And check out this even more cute fabric. (does that phrase even make sense?)



Same issues as the first fabric, only this one is a whopping $17.95 a yard and who can cut into material that expensive?

Found both materials as well as many others while visiting superbuzzy.com. This place is down in Ventura. Looks like we need to plan a surf trip for my man so I can go check out some to-die-for fabric.


I should be making a dessert of some sort for tonight's youth group here, but instead I'm blogging about randomness. And I have no idea what to make? Brownies, maybe? In that case we should make sure we have some vanilla bean on hand, right?



Look at what I get to order for my mother's day gift!


I am so excited. What a man I have. He spoils me rotten! Thank you Husband.

What to make first? Hmmm..... guess I should use some of that 40% off coupon fabric that I already own before I go and get crazy with some pretty stuff.

Enough with the randomness. Really...I'm off to be productive now. I want to be in bed before midnight!




4 comments:

Lora said...

What a nice Mother's Day gift! It is nice to day dream every now and then.....

Carrie said...

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy....

You apparently had a VERY good day with the kids to not think you are massively underpaid! :)

Even if they are paying in kisses and hugs...I never seem to be able to get enough of those!

Carrie said...

Oh, yes....

Lovin' the serger, girl!

Cindy said...

No...not so much on the VERY good day with the kids. All in all I have the life. I get to roam Target & JoAnn's for 'work' even with kids in tow...it beats the desk my man has to sit behind. I can leave the house when children permit, which is any day that I choose. I can swing by Starbucks for my coffee break when I want and I can nap when they nap if I so desire. I have the internet at my beck and call and no one is monitoring how I use my time.
My boss is the best man that I have ever met. As long as he has clean clothes to wear and food to eat, he's delighted. I didn't say my, (our), job wasn't trying at times...it is. It's just that what job isn't? The pay (my man's that is) and my benefits far out weigh any crazy screaming sinful kid behavior that I endure on the worst day. I love my job and I feel oh so blessed. Far from underpaid. Besides...what job would allow you to buy a serger, for "work"? Now that's what I'm talking about. ;)