Sunday, May 17, 2009

The 1st Dance Recital


And my ... was it entertaining! Lauren has been taking dance classes for a year now and it was finally time for the spring dance recital. We have proof that she is not afraid to smile for the audience, she handles pressure well, (like any 3 year old would do...stand there and itch your face), and she looks good in orange. (You know that last one isn't easy to pull-off.)



Luckily we have time before her audition for the New York City Rockettes as the the kick line was visibly challenged. Note the little girl in pink is Ben's age. (Yep, just 2!) I can't fathom Ben on a stage with out causing a ruckus. (At least she's kicking at the right time. That's gotta be worth something, right?)

Not sure what the knee bends were, but she was doing it with a smile.

Here is Lauren with her saint of a teacher, Ms. Samantha. Can you image the day to day work with little people in a dance class all while keeping your patience all of the time? Wow is all I have to say!


This is where is gets tricky....when in doubt and the pressure starts to build...scratch an itch! Preferably one that's obviously causing you to lose your train of thought.

And just like that, the show is over. About 120 seconds later and out future star was on her way off the stage of her first recital. She was so cute up there.

As soon as our little starlet made her way back to us, she immediately started stripping out of her costume. I'm sure she'd love the attention from her new found fame and all it's sequined glory, but she said it itched her and she was taking it off...right in the middle of a room full of people. I guess she'd had enough! (Modesty not in question.)

6 comments:

Brooke said...

So fun! She DOES look super cute in orange! : ))) With her cute little face I doubt you'll find any color she couldn't make look adorable!

Anonymous said...

ORANGE!! so cute! but she would look good in any color!

Lora said...

Adorable! Can't wait for Allie to have her first recital!

Carrie said...

SO CUTE!!!!! I love that the outfits were modest! I've been to some recitals where the outfits were...well...you know.

Heather Rodriguez said...

I love it!!!

Cindy Jenkins said...

I nominated your blog for the Lemonade Stand Award! Just go to my blog to get your award.
Lauren is adorable!!